It’s no mystery that women like their handbags but did you know there was a full day dedicated to it? The 10th October is officially national handbag day.
To mark this ‘special’ occasion we have 5 crazy facts about bags:
1) The bum bag dates back as far as Acient Egypt when men were known to tie purse like pouches around their waist.
2) In the 14th century handbags were often linked with marriage, with them being given as wedding gifts.
3) The word handbag was first used to describe a mans briefcase.
4) It is thought that women own an average of 6 handbags.
5) Women are more likely to spend excessively on a handbag than they are shoes.