As mention in previous a post (Donating All Profits To Charity) the Kurtis Paul team have made the decision to donate all profits, made between 1st August 2016 and Christmas 2016 to charity. We have made the pledge due to our desire to make the world a better place and would like advise where the money will be donated.
Read Donating All Profits To Charity for full details on the pledge.
Extreme poverty is defined as living on less than $1.90 per day. That is $1.90 to pay for food, water, clothing, shelter and medicine. Of the 27 Sub-Saharan African countries, which include Botswana, Namibia, Tanzania and Ethiopia, 54% of people are living in extreme poverty. More than 1/3rd of Arica lacks clean water and it has been reported that over 40% are unable to regularly obtain sufficient food. I myself have seen such horrendous conditions and can add that these statistics to not give the conditions justice.
We have chosen to donate profits to african charity African Childrens Haven. Africa has been chosen because it holds personal significance for us but also because it is one of the worst effected continents. The charity was chosen because of their efforts across the following areas:
- Education – we believe education creates a solid foundation for the future and by helping improve education we hope to achieve long term solutions rather than quick fixes.
- Health – a healthy person has the power to take control of their conditions and work towards a better future.
- Shelter – we feel no-one should have to worry about a place to sleep, somewhere safe to rest and recover.
Help the cause:
- Help spread the word by sharing this post and tagging three of your friends, show that you care.
- Tag at least one of your favourite brands and let’s see if we can get as many companies pledging as possible.